We are proud to release DexProtector 7.1.12. And we have got a great news for you.
Many Android applications use dynamically loadable modules or plugins, so-called external APKs or dynamic APKs. They are used to extend the functionality of an application, to add an ability to be updated without reinstalling the entire application or to decrease the size of the main application and so on.
It is as important to protect these dynamic APKs as taking care of protection of the main application. Or even more important - usually these dynamic APKs are very sensitive and carry the real value of an application. The crucial thing is integrity control of the dynamic module. To meet these requirements we implemented the ability to protect dynamic APKs in DexProtector Enterprise. The following mechanisms can be used for external APK protection, at the moment:
- Secure String Encryption
- Secure Class Encryption
- CallHiding via Native invokedynamic Engine
- Field Access and Field Types Hiding via Native invokedynamic Engine
- Native Code Obfuscation (for non-public JNI methods)
- Native Code Encryption
- Native Code Anti-Debugging (gdb)
- Assets Encryption
- Certificate Checks
- APK Content Checks
To demonstrate how does the feature work we created the project on GitHub: https://github.com/dexprotector/DynamicApkProtection.
What else is new in DexProtector 7.1.12?
- AARs: Improved performance of Hide Access mechanism
ENVIRONMENT CHECKS/INTEGRITY CONTROLS
- Improved performance of the detects
- Updated detection patterns
- Implemented a mechanism that allows to seeing detailed reports of the checks
- Fixed issues with Public Key Pinning
DEVELOPMENT PLATFORMS SUPPORT
- Added more detailed diagnostic messages if a protection configuration is incorrect
- DexProtector Gradle Plugin improved