We are proud to announce the release of DexProtector 9.1. Alongside the protection and obfuscation for Android Applications (APKs), Android Libraries (AARs), iOS applications (IPAs) and Frameworks (.Framework), DexProtector is now capable of protecting
Android Application Bundles (AABs).
The Android Application Bundle is a new app publishing format. It is more efficient in terms of building and releasing your apps. The Android App Bundle makes it easier to deliver optimized and smaller apps to your application's users. Its goal is to improve the user experience of Android users as at least the applications will become smaller, and they will only contain the required resources. According to independent research, the size can be potentially optimized to up to 50%.
This is a crucial functionality, so the support for Android App Bundles is available for both DexProtector Standard and Enterprise versions.
The support of the Android Gradle Plugin for AABs is at the experimental stage now. We would recommend using
DexProtector's CLI to protect your AABs (protection features that are available depend on the version you are using).
The full list of changes:
- Added support for applications built with earlier versions of
- Improved protection mechanisms for
- Added experimental support for
AABs(Android Application Bundles)
RUNTIME APPLICATION SELF-PROTECTION (RASP)
- Fixed incorrect behavior of internal protection mechanisms for Android Emulator (
DEVELOPMENT PLATFORM SUPPORT
- Android Studio 3.4 support has been improved
- Re-engineered Resource Encryption mechanism (new cryptographic and compression algorithms)
- Experimental support for Kotlin meta-data structures' protection and shrinking
ENVIRONMENT CHECKS / INTEGRITY CONTROL
- Added detections of the latest versions of Magisk
- Added ability to cause a native crash if environment checks are positive
- Fixed JSON reports that are passed to callback methods of environment checks
- It is now possible to use external res/xml network_security_config.xml for Android Libraries (AARs)
Upgrade information: If you have a license for DexProtector 8.x and active support subscription, you can receive the upgrade at no additional cost (Standard->Standard, Enterprise->Enterprise). If your support subscription has been inactive for 1 month and more it is needed to acquire a new license. If you would like to upgrade from the Standard version to the Enterprise, please request an upgrade quote. To renew your support subscription, please contact the support.
Should you have any questions, please email us.